Back in January I decided to keep notes of my achievements and notable occurrences throughout the year in the rather charming Jubilee commemorative Tait and Lyle’s golden syrup jar above.
So, my ‘happy and glorious’ list for 2013 looks like: –
- Lost 13lbs
- Starting work with a new client
- Burns night trip to Bath with burlesque and a fabulous dinner
- Show Jumping clinic from the lovely Anna Beck at Weston Warmbloods; Archy’s first ‘proper’ jumping and my first SJ clinic in about 15 years – loved it! Like falling off a log
- Lost 6lb in 2 weeks
- Generally feeling good with increased energy
- Super birthday party catching up with lovely friends and having a mini ‘Broadlands’ reunion in the evening
- Holidaying at Treyarnon with my sister and her kids – magical times
- Dining at the Riverford field kitchen to celebrate a friend’s 50th
- Business booming
- Singfest. Awesome bank holiday weekender with family & friends
- Being introduced to Stella & Dot jewellery thanks to my lovely bathe friends (and an incredibly generous birthday gift from the lovely Diluki)
- Becoming RYA certified competent crew on a week’s sailing course in Gibraltar
- Cooking Christmas dinner for 13
Trips & outings
- Watching my lovely friend Gemma in the Merry Opera company’s production of The Magic Flute
- Going to the Rugby Union premiership opening double-header
- Taking my nieces and one of my nephews to see Matilda the Musical for their first taste of the West End thanks to my sister’s Christmas/birthday presents to them.
So, that is my year in post it notes and ticket stubs. Next year I want to visit more people, ride more, jump more (the horse), get fitter, get healthier (and thinner).
That’s it for now, I’m struggling with a sickness bug after a couple of weeks of a cold and awful cough.